Saturday 29 November 2014

Get on your way!


Yesterday I gave this to each of my students ... a little goodbye for the end of the year and a great reminder to not let the mountains of life stand in the way of moving forward. 

Yesterday we laughed and cried as we ended a year of incredible growth, not only academically but also personally and spiritually. We have embraced challenge and stepped out of our comfort zones with courage and determination. The seeds of purpose and destiny are flourishing well and I wish all of my students the very best for the season ahead.

As teachers we are often focused on shaping young minds, but I have always found that my heart is shaped in return. 

As my students gathered for one last group hug, I was reminded of the power of who we are as living, breathing humanity. Amidst the tight wrangle of bodies embracing (and giggling) each other, I realised that it is not what we say that has the most sway, but how we make others feel that impacts for the long haul. I pray that every student holds hope tightly in their hands and ends this year not only with a mind full to the brim, but also with a heart full of empowering and loving memories.  

I wish you all a Merry Christmas for the wonderful season ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here :)